If you were not born in this country, there are two ways to obtain United States citizenship: naturalization and derivative citizenship through your parents. There are many benefits to becoming a U.S. citizen:
- Voting in national, state, and local elections;
- Bestowing automatic citizenship on your children;
- Providing a path for other family members to get visas, green cards, and ultimately citizenship;
- Traveling with a U.S. passport;
- Becoming eligible for federal jobs; and
- Holding elective office.
Please see the links below regarding the different ways to get citizenship, and contact me today if you are interested in exploring your options in this area.